The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts (The Unbelievables Book #1) - K.C. Tansley

Synopsys:

Kat Preston doesn’t believe in ghosts. Not because she’s never seen one, but because she saw one too many. Refusing to believe is the only way to protect herself from the ghost that tried to steal her life. Kat’s disbelief keeps her safe until her junior year at McTernan Academy, when a research project for an eccentric teacher takes her to a tiny, private island off the coast of Connecticut.

The site of a grisly mystery, the Isle of Acacia is no place for a girl who ignores ghosts, but the ghosts leave Kat little choice. Accompanied by her research partner, Evan Kingsley, she investigates the disappearance of Cassie Mallory and Sebastian Radcliffe on their wedding night in 1886. Evan’s scientific approach to everything leaves Kat on her own to confront a host of unbelievables: ancestral curses, powerful spells, and her strange connection to the ghosts that haunt Castle Creighton.

But that’s all before Kat’s yanked through a magic portal and Evan follows her. When the two of them awaken 129 years in the past with their souls trapped inside the bodies of two wedding guests, everything changes. Together, Kat and Evan race to stop the wedding-night murders and find a way back to their own time—and their own bodies—before their souls slip away forever.

Review:

“I received this from netGalley in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way affected my opinion of the book, or the content of my review.”

The story is quite enjoyable, intriguing in some aspects.
But as interesting the plot was I still had issues with the book, it was soo frustratingly slow, it lost it focus on the main cause and drifted off to tell other events without any results. It was implied that Kat could’ve done something many times, Or at least improvised. But she did nothing; she just cowered behind her search partner Evan and just waitedwined her death.
And how the hell could Evan have that much control whilst the other (as it was told many time that she was strong) loose it every single time?

As for the character,in my opinion were not well harmonized, it’s like watching a movie where the story is interesting but unfortunately played by bad actorscharacters.
I can’t follow their conversation, attitude…ect, I’m always rolling my or puffing my irritation with them.

Overall, I'm Glad we got more insight on the murder, to know the victims, main suspects, their heritage, unraveling all the mystery. But the drama was too much for my liking.

Available at