Crystallum by Laney McMann

Crystallum - Laney McMann

Synopsys:

Kadence Sparrow wasn't born a devil's child—she was turned into one. Now, she's hiding from the truth, and running for her life.

For years, Kade's true nature has lurked behind an illusion, so when her dad gets another job transfer, she knows the drill: no close friends, no boyfriends, and most importantly: don't expose what she is. Ever. Keeping secrets is easy. Lies are second nature. So is the loneliness—and the fear, but when the Shadows attack, and Kade meets Cole Spires, she could expose everything she's trying to hide.

As one of the Celestial Children, Cole lives by an oath: defend the Ward, protect the Primordial race, guard the gateways, and stick to his own. Everything else is a distraction, and besides, he’s lost enough. Cole's job is clear, and no one his age does it better. So, when he meets Kade in a club downtown, he assumes she just wants his attention. Most girls do, but Cole soon realizes ... Kade isn't like most girls.

The children of heaven and hell are living among us, fighting an age-old war. And falling for someone from the opposition is not an option. But a chance encounter between Kade and Cole will blur the rules, as Kade's journey to keep her truth hidden catapults them together and into a web of lies, forcing her to not only face the demon inside her, but to answer the hardest question of all.

Which is thicker—blood or water?

Review:

“I received this eARC from netGalley in exchange for an honest review. This is in no way affected my opinion of the book, or the content of my review.”

What a surprisingly enchanting story, My My ….

I was absorbed into the book since the first chapter, and I must say the anticipation of what to come nearly had me falling from my seat.
The author has this talent of giving snippets of information but not enough to fulfill someone’s curiosity, I just kept filliping pages until I was flying through chapters and BAM I finished the book in one long night.
My only problem was the main character Kadence but we will get to that later.

This book is basically about angel descendant called Primordial-the celestial children and demons, a since the creation battle between the two enemies.
However the cool thing is that this race of Primordial-the celestial children is split into two. Primovis who are pure blooded and Primovas who; on the other hand, are tainted with the devil’s child blood "demon", AND these two also don’t get along, plus the rules says that the two can’t interact with each other to preserve the pure blood line.
Now what fascinate me more is that the author covered everything in this one, details where precise, history and world building were stunning, the cast of characters was small however enough for such a book.

The only reason I did not give this book a 5 stars was because of Kadence, she is soo clumsy for NO reason at all, I hated it.
In addition to that the fact that she is supposed to be this powerful person –which by the way was mentioned way too many for my liking- I thought at least SOMETHING would happened beside the burst of temper or energy here and there.
Honestly? That girl was a disappointment.

Ovrall; Kadence aside, I really love this book ver’y much that I need the next one NOW!

FYI light cliffhanger at the end

Available on Sep 21 2015.