Fire Falling by Elise Kova eARC Review Tour stop (+Giveway)

Fire Falling (Air Awakens Series Book 2) (Volume 2) - Elise Kova

Info:

Title: Fire Falling, Book Two of Air Awakens

Publication Date: November 19th, 2015

Author: Elise Kova

Summary

Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?

Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life. As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile sanity. Will she maintain her humanity? Or will she truly become the Empire’s monster?

Fire Falling Release Tour Banner

Holy mother Sun! I'm starstruck. This is what I'd like to call a gorgeous sequel. Dare I say it, it might even top Air Awakes

This was an exceptional sequel. I loved it so much! I feel like the series has more of a direction, which is exciting. I'm still processing what happened in this book, because THINGS HAPPENS.

THE ENDING. OH MY GOSH. MIND BLOW.

Review

“I received this eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. As Always This is in no way affected my opinion of the book, or the content of my review.”

Air Awakens series is a YA fantasy written in 3rdPOV from the perspective of  Vhalla Yarl, prior librarian and newly discovered sorcerer, but not any sorcerer.

A windwalker.

An air controller.

A creationist of illusion and disguise.

She is considered a powerful asset in the war, rare but also feared and envied.  With that comes enimie. And many wants her death.

After unfortunate events and deception in the first book Vhalla was brought before a trial that sentenced her for life. Oh not death, it would’ve been too merciful

Vhalla is property of the Emperor now; he’s favorite pawn and ultimate weapon at gaining the war

. A killing machine.

In this sequel the story was pretty predictable compared to the first one; there was some minor twists and death. However it contained more magic and fights. And we got to see new places in the empire and meet new personage.

Basically the book was divided in three parts which I like to call first the journey then the rest/preparation and finally the war.

It started off as slow but the pace picks up right after the journey, interesting matters start happening, and OH BOY it happens!

I loved how characters were put out of their comfort zone. some where forced out of it and others did it out of pure devotion, love and friendship (Larel and Fritz, I love them both to no end)

Vhalla’s growth was exceptional; in the first book she started out like any other normal character but by the end of fire falling it’s hard to believe that they are the same person..

"She'd wanted to become someone the Senate would fear, why not shatter the sky?"

She truly kept her promise; she is the second most who amazed me on this sequel.

As for the first, you would be surprise that I would say its Baldair, yes HIM. I was never his fan probably never will be but what a thoughtful guy! And Sweet. I’m weary about his motives, he’s just so darn perfect, and perfect guys don’t exist I’m still waiting for the shoe to drop. Seriously.

Aldrik on the other hand is very unique. I love the mystery he projects, his unnerving composure, wide knowledge and infinite wisdom. The dormant power he harness is so enthralling that (and I know this is bad to say) but I want him to just snap and show the extent of his instability.

Now there was some characters I was very annoyed with. Which made question why were they even there? but of course it just adds to the plot line. *caugh-whispers* Elicia

We also get more insight on that unbreakable magic bond Vhalla and Aldrick share, usually I’m dismissive of bonds as a cliché attempt on forging relationships but Elise just thrown that fact out of the window, honestly I’m both excited and TERRIFIED of this one.

It doesn’t just affect them on a psych/emotional level but further, I noticed some drastic changes, some are good and beneficial but others are just terribly bad, it makes me so nervous.

The love interest is very clear from the first book; I love how it’s solidified and defined in this one. We know where everyone stands and who Vhalla chooses.

« I don't want your brother, my dear Prince Aldrick C. Solaris. Not every creature with breasts thinks Prince Baldair is a god among men.»

I second THAT.

It makes me very contempt about the outcome.

Overview

It's very engaging and exciting. It's a mix between Poison Study by V.E. Snyder and Throne Of Glass by S.J. Maas. If you love either of these then you should definitely check this one out!!

Overall, this book had more action, more magic, more adventure,more surprises and secrets, no love triangle, stupendous character development and a well placed twist at the end no one could have expected .

About Author:

View More: http://radred.pass.us/joseph-wedding-2015-jpeg

Elise Kova has always had a passion for storytelling. She wrote her first novella, a high-fantasy, in sixth grade. Over the years she’s honed her love of literature with everything from fantasy to romance, science fiction to mystery, and whatever else catches her eye.

Elise lives in Saint Petersburg, Florida, where she’s currently working on the next installment in her debut YA fantasy series: Air Awakens. She enjoys video games, anime, table-top role playing games, and many other forms of “geekdom.” She loves talking with fans on Twitter (@EliseKova) andFacebook.

Current Pre-Order Links: