Air Awakens by Elise Kova

Air Awakens (Air Awakens Series Book 1) - Elise Kova

Synopsys:

A Library Apprentice,

A Sorcerer Prince,

And an Unbreakable Magic Bond…

The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.

Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.

REVIEW:

4 STARS

First of all,look at that amazing cover . can we take a minute and appreciated it...? Thank you!

I have been looking for a decent fantasy serie since finishing Heir Of Fire and I have found one!

This was great! Not in a "blow your mind way" but I really really liked it, The characters, the story, the world building were all brilliant and really made this book stand out.

Vhalla Yarl was quite enjoyable as a main character, at first we meet her as a self doubting, adherent, scared girl and step by step we see her develope to be a better person, a women then her coming to terms with what she has become.
As for Aldrik Solaris the dark crown prince is my Favorite one so far in this book, he is very complex a bad/good man, wich leads him to be an intriguing character that demands the readers attention and I do not know how to fairly describe him (you just have to read the book to understand). I'm sure you will hate him at first but don't judge quickly!
And for the chemistry *sign*, very well written but not overly done, and nothing was pushed. it was banced and did not overpower the story itself.

Now the MAGIC, I personally would not call it magic because that word has a meaning that does not relate to the book, however I WOULD CALL IT ' to control the elements ' (affinity "fire, air,water") and Each element is also associated with a particular place in the empire, Though each nation is affiliated to a specific element controle, not all citizens are such, and it is not inheireted but the personne need to be gifted by The Mother.
I Know your going to say "Oh, isn't this the Avatars story?"
well I would say "NO, true it is smiliar, but this story has a whole diffrent PLOT, you just need to read it and continue with the story to actually get it!"

Overall,
this book is highly enjoyable, fun and just great!, ok ok i'm repeating my words now.Regardless, I'll be reading the next one in the time it takes me to blink.

About the Author:  Website

Elise Kova has always had a passion for storytelling. She wrote her first novella, a high-fantasy, in sixth grade. Over the years she’s honed her love of literature with everything from fantasy to romance, science fiction to mystery, and whatever else catches her eye.

Elise lives in Saint Petersburg, Florida, where she’s currently working on the next installment in her debut YA fantasy series: Air Awakens. She enjoys video games, anime, table-top role playing games, and many other forms of “geekdom.” She loves talking with fans on Twitter (@EliseKova) and Facebook (/AuthorEliseKova). Visit her website, EliseKova.com/, for news and extras about her books!

Social Links: